Winter calls for hot chocolate and we’ve got three recipes which will keep you warm all winter long! After one sip of these warm treats you will never go back to your regular powdered versions again!
NUTELLA HOT CHOCOLATE
- 2 Tbsp. Nutella
- 1 cup of Milk (any kind)
- Optional toppings- whipped cream, marshmallows, chocolate syrup, chocolate shavings
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until steaming (not boiling), stirring occasionally.
- Add in the Nutella & whisk until dissolved
- Serve immediately either plain or with desired toppings
Source: Give Me Some Oven
PEANUT BUTTER HOT CHOCOLATE
- 1 cup of Milk
- ¼ cup of Cream
- ¼ cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup mini Marshmallows
- Bring milk & cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-low heat (do not boil)
- When the milk begins to steam, add the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate melts
- Add the peanut butter and stir until just melted
- Pour into large mug. Top with mini marshmallows
Source: One Sweet Mess
MACA CACAO HOT CHOCOLATE
- 2 ½ cups of Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Cacao Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Maca Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup or to taste
- ½ Tsp. Coconut Oil
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Tiny Pinch of Salt
- In a blender, mix the almond milk, cacao powder, maca, maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon and salt. (You can also whisk together by hand). Transfer to a medium saucepan and heat. Taste and adjust sweetness if desired. If it’s too thick, add a little bit more almond milk.
- Serve with coconut whip and shaved dark chocolate, both optional.
Source: Love & Lemons