So you have your house on the market and Christmas is only 15 days away! As your schedule starts to fill up and people start leaving town, you may be worried about the fate of your property. Don’t fret, there are many advantages to having your property on the market during the Christmas period, so while you might not have much interest now, serious buyers are on their way.
REAL ESTATE IS 24/7/365
The real estate industry truly never stops and with the introduction of online portals such as realestate.com and Domain make it easier for buyers to scout out properties 24/7. Alongside these real estate portals, other avenues such as print media and social media will also help spark buyer enquiry. Real estate agents are also only a phone call away and are motivated to sell their listings within the shortest time frame possible. As the holiday period approaches, more buyers have time to view a property and invest their time into house hunting. Agents may then host more private inspections or additional open home times.
People seeking and viewing property during the Christmas period are genuinely serious about buying. They are giving up family holiday time to view your property, and while your inspections might not draw big crowds, the quality of attendees indeed outweighs quantity.
Also during this period, the number of houses on the market tends to decrease. This then reduces the competition between sellers, however, increases the competition between buyers. This may work in your favour and get you an offer you can’t refuse. A lot of seller’s also wait until the new year to list their house, so you will be ahead of the influx if you are listing in December.
RENTAL TRANSITION AND OTHER FACTORS
Many leases end in December, and a number of renters may look into buying. The new year also poses new opportunities for many people. Sea-change, new job or other circumstances may entice a number of people from out of the area.
ADDITIONAL TIPS AND TRICKS FOR SELLING AT CHRISTMAS
• It is best to find a local agent who has a good knowledge of the area. They will be able to keep you up to date with recent market activity, statistics regarding the selling period and they may also have a database of interest parties at their fingertips.
• The summertime tends to do wonders for your property. Your home tends to look brighter and more cheerful, the gardens look fresh and inviting, and the natural lighting makes space look bigger.
• When preparing your property for sale be cautious with your festive decorations. Avoid having Christmas trees etc. on display when the property is photographed. If decorations make it into the shot, the listing can become dated exceptionally quickly.
• Avoid hosting Christmas parties at your place while selling. It will create unwanted mess and clutter that will be hard to quicly fix if a last minute inspection arises.
• Don’t be frightened by the market activity, if this is the right time for you and your family to sell, enlist a trusted agent and inform them of your motivations.
Overall, there is no set time to sell a property, the ever so quickly changing nature of the real estate industry always presents different twists and turns. Take into account these tips, tricks and market insights, and you will be sure to have a successful sale, no matter the season or holiday.
For more detailed information on the property market and managing your investment, our iThink Property Real Estate Agents and Property Mangement Team in Ipswich and Toowoomba would be happy to assist.
iThink Property has a team of real estate agents in Ipswich and Toowoomba offering property sales and property management services. With a passion for people and property, iThink Property was conceived with the notion of building a team of good people to work in a real estate brand that did things differently. iThink Property focuses on transparency, communication, innovation and teamwork and has become a leading independent brand with unique points of difference. So whether you are thinking of buying, selling or renting, think iThink Property.
ADAM BOETTCHER – SALES & MARKETING CONSULTANT
0417 208 898
Adam brings an extensive sales history to his role as a Sales and Marketing specialist at iThink Property. Adam specialises in Residential Sales and has been personally involved in hundreds of transactions over the last several years with the majority of these via successfully run Auction campaigns.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE