Want to get a head start on your spring cleaning? Here are our top tips and tricks on how to get your home looking sparkling clean going into the warmer months.
So let’s start at the top:
- Stovetop and Stainless Steel – Opt for organic cleaning produces and microfibre cloths when cleaning these surfaces. Products with citruses will have the ability to breakdown grease and grime, while the microfibre clothes will help buff out marks and leave a streak-free shine.
- Sink – Quickly eliminate bacteria and get your sink sparkling with this hack. Sprinkle bicarb soda in the sink and scrub with warm water. After some scrubbing and a bit of elbow grease, you will start to see your sink sparkle.
- Wooden Bench Tops – Be sure to use warm soapy water on all wooden surfaces. Harsh vinegar and acid-based products are a no-go as they will just breakdown the glue that holds the benchtop together.
- Stone Bench Tops – Steer clear of anything acidic when cleaning these surfaces, as they will just create dull spots in your beautiful marble. If you spill anything, be sure to wipe it down almost immediately and when cleaning, choose the non-abrasive method of buffing out dirt and grime with warm water and a cloth.
- Shower and Soap Scum – Use a mix of vinegar and water to clean your shower glass. Spray this 50/50 mixture on liberally and leave to sit for 5 minutes, then wipe clean. If you have shower curtains, this method will work also. If you are having trouble eliminating soap and calcium build-up, you may have to try a lime descaler.
- Grout – Wanting to ditch the bleach and opt for a more natural option? Combine some bicarb soda with a small amount of water until to forms a paste. Scrub this paste into the grout with an old toothbrush. After scrubbing and leaving it to sit for 5 minutes or so, spray the surface with the 50/50 vinegar-water solution you used earlier until it starts to froth up. Then wipe it away and rinse.
- Mirrors – Constantly have grubby finger marks or makeup smudges on your mirror? Keep a bottle of streak-free multipurpose spray under the vanity, along with a microfibre cloth. That way when those pesky marks appear, you can easily spray and wipe away.
BEDROOMS AND LIVING SPACES
- Wardrobes – Coming to the end of winter, it is the perfect time to de-clutter your wardrobe. Clear everything out and sort into a keep, throw and donate pile. While the wardrobe is empty sprinkle some bicarb on the floor and leave to sit for 15 minutes. Once the time is up, vacuum the bicarb up and your closet will smell fresh and clean. You are then ready to put everything back in its place.
- Under Furniture – Be sure not to miss that gap underneath the bed or lounge when vacuuming. They are a great collection space for dust and bacteria.
- Skirting Boards – Use a smaller brush head for your vacuum to get into the small spaces of the skirting boards to clean out the dust that gets trapped there. Then rinse them out with the old faithful 50/50 vinegar-water solution.
- Light Fixtures – Turn the light off, and remove the light fixture. Then it is a simple as washing them clean with some warm, soapy water, leaving them to dry and then re-installing.
- Mow Your Lawns – Pretty self-explanatory right? Freshly cut and groomed lawns can seriously make all the difference.
- Clean walls, decks and pavers – The easiest way is to use a high-pressure cleaner. This will eliminate mould and dirt easily and reduce the amount of time you will have to spend scrubbing.
- Garden Beds and Edge Pathways – Use a line trimmer to clean up the edges and make everything appear tidier. Then weed and mulch ready for the springtime blooms.
- Cleaning outdoor furniture – Inspect all your outdoor furniture and give them a wipe down to ensure there are no cobwebs. Also, chuck your outdoor cushions in the wash and get them ready for some spring/summer BBQ’s.
If you are after more cleaning tips, tricks and hacks, be sure to visit RealEstate.com.au > https://www.realestate.com.au/lifestyle/organising-cleaning/.
iThink Property has a team of real estate agents in Ipswich and Toowoomba offering property sales and property management services. With a passion for people and property, iThink Property was conceived with the notion of building a team of good people to work in a real estate brand that did things differently. iThink Property focuses on transparency, communication, innovation and teamwork and has become a leading independent brand with unique points of difference. So whether you are thinking of buying, selling or renting, think iThink Property.
TAYLAH ANTONIOLLI – MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
07 3202 3040
A go getter and doer, Taylah is a no excuses, get the job done kind of girl. With a strong work ethic and high attention to detail, Taylah is happy to help out wherever she can. Armed with a degree in business specialising in marketing and public relations Taylah brings fresh ideas and innovation to the iThink team.