Now more than ever it is important to ensure you have suitable customer service procedures implemented into your business. With access to tools such as Google reviews, REA reviews, Rate My Agent, and countless other review sites, it is easier than ever for someone to leave a bad review if things turn sour.
At iThink Property, we pride ourselves in our customer service and we have implemented several systems and processes that have made buying, selling, renting, and investing much more enjoyable. Here are some of our 5 top tips that will help you take your customer service to the next level and have your clients turning into your biggest fans!
- Go the Extra Mile – What can you offer that other agencies don’t? Little extra things really do mean a lot, especially to long term clients. Can you offer connection services for tenants moving in, can you recommend tradies people to owners, what value can you add to a clients experience?
- Follow it Up! – Set up a follow-up procedure that is implemented after each time you work with a client. If it is a vendor or buyer, you might want to organise settlement gifts. We also implement a 12 monthly follow-up for each buyer which includes a welcome pack after 1 month, a check-in after 6 months, and a congratulatory card after 12 months. This leaves a good impression and will have clients talking about you long after they have dealt with you. We also love asking our clients to leave us a review – it is a great way for prospective clients to see what kind of service we can offer.
- Say it with a Smile – Phone manner is key when it comes to providing good customer service. If you answer a call with an unpleasant tone it is going to leave a sour taste in the client’s mouth. If you speak with a smile your demeanour will come across as way more friendly and helpful.
- Set Boundaries – Have your expectations set out clearly from the start with all new clients. Make sure they understand all your systems and procedures. Make sure your new client ‘Welcome Information’ sets out your companies boundaries and outlines how the mutual relationship will work. If issues are referring back to these boundaries will ensure it is resolved without undue conflict.
- Train your Team – Good customer service comes from the top down. The adage look after your team and they will look after your clients is certainly very true. Also never assume anyone knows what good customer service is, take some time to train your team on what your customer service expectations are. From simple things like how quickly they should respond to an email to bigger things like resolving a conflict between an owner and a tenant. Also offer your team a support network that can assist them to resolve difficult disputes, a senior team member or just a fresh perspective can often help. Ensure they understand the laws and acts that they are governed by and referring back to them is often the easiest way to resolve a conflict.
We hope that you can implement some of these easy tips to help your business thrive! If you want to know more about any of the above tips, feel free to reach out! If you are looking for more customer service tips or advice on how you can implement streamlined procedures in your workplace, check out the blog from That Property Mum here, or grab a copy of the A-Z Guide to Property Management for access to over 50 bonuses and procedures that you can implement right now!